Learn about building information modeling and the tools for parametric MEP systems design and documentation. Learn the fundamental features of Revit MEP, and then progress through schematic design, system analysis, and construction documentation before finishing with design visualization
This course is designed for new users of Revit MEP. No previous CAD experience is necessary. It is recommended that you have a working knowledge of MEP engineering and design.
After completing this course you will be able to
· Describe building information modeling methodology.
· Use Revit MEP user interface, and work with different types of Revit elements and families.
· Explore views in project browser, control the visibility and appearance of elements in different views, and create and modify elevation, sections, and 3D views.
· Setup a project using different templates, define discipline settings, import and edit DWG details, and link Revit models.
· Represent volumes using spaces, create zones, and analyze an analytical model for building performance analysis.
· Define heating and cooling loads information and calculate heating and cooling loads.
· Create HVAC systems, generate HVAC system layouts, and create and modify ductwork using Revit MEP tools.
· Layout and create system piping.
· Create plumbing systems.
· Create fire protection systems.
· Create electrical circuits and wiring.
· Create callout views , create and use detail views, and work with drafting views.
· Work with text and tags, dimensions, and schedules, and create legends with notes, annotation symbols, and model elements.
· Create and modify sheets, and specify print options and print documentation sets.