PROGRESS ACADEMY PROJECT MANAGEMENT SCHOLARSHIPS
If you are an aspiring Project Manager looking to start a career in business or management, you are encouraged to apply for a project management scholarship in partnership with Progress Consult Academy.
In order to be considered eligible for a scholarship, all applicants must complete the PCA application process and adhere to its requirements. The scholarships are available to deserving individuals worldwide. Applicants will be required to indicate their course selection from among the three scholarship offerings.
About the Award
Progress Consult Group has been established as a "Professional Development Scholarship" through Progress Consult Academy (PCA). Under this program, PRINCE 2 foundation, PMP and PRINCE 2 Practitioner exam preparation training is made available in the form of full-tuition scholarships to deserving individuals worldwide. The total value of all scholarships granted is $10,000 per year. For the individual scholarship recipient, this means that they receive free access to our PRINCE 2 foundation, PMP and PRINCE 2 Practitioner exams preparation training.
The following scholarships are available:
Scholarship Opportunity 1: PMP Study Coach + Exam Simulator
Scholarship Opportunity 2: PRINCE 2 (F&P) Coaching + Exam Simulator
Scholarship Opportunity 3: PMP Study Coach + PRINCE 2 (F&P) Coaching + Exam Simulator
Opportunity 1 is intended for applicants who are preparing for the PMP exam. Opportunity 2 is intended for those preparing for PRINCE 2 exams.
Opportunity 2 can also be used by certified project managers who need to earn PDUs for their certification renewal cycle.
Opportunity 3 is intended for PM Heroes who are preparing for PM bundle (PMP and PRINCE 2 exams).
How are PM Scholarship Recipients Selected?
Applications are reviewed by the PCA Scholarship Evaluation Committee, which is an independent committee of accomplished project management professionals. The committee considers many factors to determine scholarship recipients.
All committee decisions about who receives / does not receive a scholarship are final. Progress Consult Group is not involved in the decision making process and does not grant additional, "direct" scholarships to applicants who were not considered by the committee.
Please note that scholarship recipients will not receive a refund on purchases made. Scholarship applicants should always wait until they receive a decision from PCA before purchasing and paying for the training products using their own funds. No refunds will be made if an applicant receives a scholarship to a product for which they paid out of pocket.
How will I be informed if I Receive a Scholarship?
PCA will notify you via email. Please do not write to Progress Consult Group regarding the selection process because we are not involved.
Academic Scholarship Information
Progress Consult Academy’s Academic Scholarship Program is designed to financially assist qualified applicants in obtaining degrees from accredited academic institutions of higher learning in the field of project management or any field with any relation to project management. The program is open to any student preparing to enter or already attending an accredited degree-granting college or university and pursuing a bachelor, masters or doctoral degree.
The scholarships are awarded based on merit as measured by academic performance and extracurricular activities. The applicant’s intended field of study is also considered in the evaluation process with preference given to those candidates pursuing a degree in project management or a directly related field of study.
· Scholarships are limited to use at an accredited degree granting institution of higher learning
· Candidates applying for more than one scholarship must submit one Application Form for all scholarships, including the two essays which can be found in the Application Form. Any candidate selected for an award will receive only one scholarship annually
· Only one copy of the official transcript, résumé and reference letters needs to be provided, even if candidates are applying for more than one scholarship
· Scholarships are paid directly to the candidate based on written acknowledgment that the scholarship award will be used for the intended purpose
· Scholarships are open to any student entering or attending an accredited degree granting institution. Evidence of enrollment is required
· Full-time and part-time studies are both eligible for consideration
· Project Management Institute (PMI®) members holding elected or appointed offices at the global PMI level, PMI Educational Foundation Board Directors and PMI employees, along with members of their immediate family (regardless of membership in PMI) are not eligible for these scholarships
· Application deadline is 01 May each year; award recipient(s) will be notified in August. The scholarships will be awarded no later than September
· All scholarships are subject to annual funds availability through direct donations or through actual and/or accrued interest earnings from endowments
· Scholarships will be awarded without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or state of physical handicap
Applying for scholarships requires attention to detail, meeting deadlines, and coordinating and obtaining application materials for submission. Applying for scholarships is a project and requires project management. Therefore, here are some tips to help you have a successful application process:
Start the application process as early as possible.
Each year, applications open on 1 January, and the application deadline is 1 May. The earlier you start, the more time you will have to resolve problems.
Submit your online application as soon as possible.
Ask more than three people for reference forms.
You need to submit a minimum of three reference forms. However, what if one of your references forgets to fill out and submit the form? What if there's a situation that inhibits that person's ability to serve as a reference? It's always good to have a backup just in case this happens, and if more than three people submit reference forms, then we will accept them all.
Make sure that you do not have an outstanding tuition balance.
If you do, many colleges and universities will not release your transcripts until the balance is paid. Your transcripts are required to process your application, and PCA will not ask your learning institution to grant you an exception. PCA will not grant an extension beyond 1 June.
The 1 May application deadline is final.
You must submit all of your application materials - your online application as well as your two essays, resume, unofficial transcripts, and two reference forms - by this deadline. All materials must be submitted via PCA's online scholarship portal.
If your complete application is submitted late:
PCA will hold your application and consider you for a scholarship if there are any scholarships that were not able to be filled by the candidates who submitted everything on time.
Finally, if you have any questions or problems, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Progress Consult Academy (PCA) has established a project management training scholarship program for assisting qualified individuals in learning the fundamentals of project management. The learning from this training will enable the qualified individuals to utilize project management skills in enhancing their effectiveness and efficiency in the execution of their professional and/or volunteer work.
The defined criteria of a “qualified individual” or organization will be based on the intentions of the donor in the agreement between the donor and Progress Consult Academy (PCA). The criteria will be articulated in the application for each specific training scholarship available through Progress Consult Academy (PCA).
The scholarships will be awarded based work experience, volunteer activities, and the expected level of potential benefits from the application of the learning in the applicant’s professional and/or volunteer roles.
· The names of scholarship recipients will be published on Progress Consult Academy (PCA) web site and PCA publications as appropriate.
· At his option, the donor may also publish the names of scholarship recipients in its internal and external publications.
Please Note: Some of the training scholarships have specific application deadlines whereas others may not be subject to any deadline. Please refer to each specific training scholarship for details about any deadlines.
· On the Application Form, applicants should identify the training scholarship or scholarships for which they qualify and for which they are applying.
· For scholarships with training limited to specific dates and/or locations, the applicant should indicate the specific dates and/or locations desired.
· Evidence of employment or volunteer work is required.
· Preference will be given to applicants with the most relevant need for training in relation to the programs of Progress Consult Academy (PCA).
· All decisions of Progress Consult Academy (PCA) and its Scholarship Evaluation and Selection Committee are final.
· Notification to applicants will be done in accord with the information provided about each specific training scholarship.
· All scholarships are subject to availability of funds and training courses.
· Scholarships will be awarded without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, or state of physical handicap.
To be considered for an award, all of the following items must be received by the deadline established for the selected scholarship.
· a completed Application Form; each training scholarship has its own form in PDF format
· proof of employment or volunteer position as identified for the specific training scholarship
· any other requested material
One or more of the training scholarships may specify that an interview may be part of the application process. All application materials submitted for consideration for a scholarship automatically become the physical property of Progress Consult Academy (PCA) and will not be returned to the sender. They will not be used by PCA for any purpose except to help determine who receives a scholarship.
· The Scholarship Evaluation and Selection Committee, comprised of three or more PCA volunteers will be used to evaluate applicants and make selection of the recipients for each training scholarship.
· The volunteers on the Scholarship Evaluation and Selection Committee will be chosen by the PCA Chief Operating Officer or designee.
· All decisions of the Scholarship Evaluation and Selection Committee will be final.
· Preference will be given to the candidate with the best background and work and/or volunteer experience and who makes the most compelling case for the benefits that will be derived from the application of the learning.
· Training scholarships will be awarded on a first-come-first-served basis.
· Descriptions of the training scholarships will be published on Progress Consult Academy (PCA) website.
· Selected recipients for the training scholarships will be notified by PCA. Any additional information about the training will be provided by the training organization.
· The PCA Scholarship Candidate Selection Process is available upon request from Progress Consult Academy (PCA) , and from Progress Consult Academy (PCA) web site.